Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back From Genting Highlands...SILVER!!!!

Finally have the energy to come online to pen down my thoughts....back from Genting Highlands on Friday 28th Nov...yes...brought the band over for the competition...it was reallie a last minute decision by the P to go for the competition...thus my poor Band members had onli 2.5 weeks of intensive practice (almost everyday) in order to go and compete in this competition..this competition was reallie of great importance to us and of high significance..

1. In 2005, we went for this same competition and returned with onli a Bronze award..missing the Silver by onli 0.3 points. The Sec 1 members in 2005 are now my Sec 4 members..the batch who I am closest to..the batch whose leadership has impressed me...the batch whose bonding and enthusiam for the band has made the band come thus far...

2. Though I had told the P that given the short notice and preparation time, it was almost impossible for us to attain a better award than in 05, all my members and I sincerely hope it would at least be a Silver award..we wanted to prove our improvement and our capability. We wanted to prove we can do it, despite such a short preparation time..we wanted to prove to all those ex-seniors of the Band that we are much better than them and that they are worng to look down on us..that they, instead of encouraging and supporting us, have criticesed and questioned on our efforts and improvements!!!!

My members have not let me down...yes, we have gotten a Silver award. Of course, all of us would have prefered a Gold award but this year, the competition standard has gone up as compared to 05 and there are onli 3 Gold bands, all of whom had played reallie well...we got a Silver, 77%. The 1st Silver Band got 78% so technically we are the 2nd Silver Band!!! wow.... Three Cheers For YCCB... Did I cry? of cos...but it was of mixed feelings... I hoped for a Gold, just like all the members thus was kinda disappointed when it turned out to be a Silver...yet, I was overjoyed that we have improved so much...that even though a Silver, we are on same comparable grounds than some of the SYF Gold Bands!!!!wow...and we have proven to the P, to all those who did not believe in us!!!!

I guess now the members are more convinced of their improvements and would not be affected by any more negative remarks from those who do not support us... I am also sure the Band would be more ready to face the upcoming SYF 2009...Of cos....we all know that we have to aim high this time as well...and to work together as well to achieve our aim...

To all the Sec 4s, I am sure gonna miss them sia....they are the ones who have contributed so much to the Band...the ones who have helped me bring the Band to graeter heights... They have sincerely carried out the Band's Motto" Towards Greater Heights" and I am gonna miss their involvement in the Band...Should I have the capability one day, I would be sure to start an Alumni Band and they would be the 1st Batch of people to form my Alumni Band!!!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:42 PM

    Thank you ms loh :D
    God bless you ms loh.

    It's not a goodbye yet, cos..
    WE'RE BE BACK!
    WAHAHAHAHAAH!

    When all t rest questioned our capability, you will always be there, supporting us and holding your trust in us that we will make it.

    NEVER LET ANYONE (esp ahem ahem) LET US DOWN, BECAUSE US GIVING UP IS THE ULTIMATE VICTORY FOR THEM. So let's crash their evil thoughts ;)

    TAKE CARE! We love you :D

    P.S Super thanks to t teachers who tagged along too! Like Ms Tan KT, Ms Tan SG and Mr Paul Lim. Yall've been great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you totally Christina...yes...YCCB will not be fallen by the words of those who do not support us!!! You people take care too...and don't forget the treat on 29th Dec...it would be around noon time woh..so all those who have been to Genting are invited!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms Loh!
    Muz hav confidence!
    No matter wad the EX-seniors said or do to us, we will not give up! we will strive even harder to get wad we wanted! no matter wad believe us! we will get wad you all(all the teachers tat believe us!) want/wish! we sure will de! 05 seniors missed silver by 0.3%... tis year we missed gold by 3%... thn confirm next year we will missed gold with honour by 3% again! missed gold with honour we still get a gold! we sure can make it wan! believe Miss Doreen Tan tat she sure will give us the best song for SYF! and believe US tat we sure will play the song well!!!
    JIAYOU to all of US! woo~~ GREAT TEACHERS!

    ReplyDelete